Who we are.
Police Exam Success 4 U, a trading names of Protean Training Services Ltd, provides training services to police officers to assist them pass examinations. Our company number is 11921074 and our registered address is: The Stables, Money’s Farm, Bottle Lane, Mattingly, Hampshire RG27 8LJ.
Protean Training Services Ltd are registered with the Information Commissioners Officer.
We are committed to data and privacy compliance when handling and processing personal data. We comply with the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
• Personal identification information which can include: name, title, address, email addresses, telephone numbers, job role, the police force you work for
• Financial information to enable payment of invoices by BACS payment. This includes the bank account name, account number and sort code. It can also include payment card details if paying by other means.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards, social media or via email.
• Correspond with us in any format.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
Our Company may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
• Police Associations.
• Your colleagues whom may refer you to Our Company or book group workshops which include you.
If you are providing other individuals personal information to us, it is your responsibility to ensure you have obtained consent from those individuals to supply that information to us and for us to collect and process their personal data,
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
• Process your purchase and provide the relevant services and products.
• Deliver the content of our training workshops to you.
• Provide effective communication between our company and you
• Send periodic emails to you with details of other related products and services.
• Manage any issues or queries including invoicing and payment.
• Personal data may also be used in feedback to improve our services.
• When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
• Protean Training Services Ltd will not share personal information you provide us, except with the individual concerned, client or supplier of the information, our employees or any contracted trainer or facilitator directly involved with the training of that individual.
• To enable us to process invoices and payments.
How do we store your data?
Our Company securely stores your data on our email account which is password protected. Our website has SSL security technology. Payments made via PayPal have its own integrated security.
Our Company will keep your personal data until your product or service purchased has been delivered to you. For example, until you have attended your workshop and any other products such as timetables and mock exams or multiple-choice questions have been emailed to you. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your personal data by removing it from our email account. This does not apply to your email address, which we will retain to send you information about Our Company services, products, news updates and to manage your membership of Our Company Facebook page. We will create excel spread sheets for delegate attendance registers. These can only be accessed on one stand-alone computer, protected with individual login in and password.
How long do we keep your data for?
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
• To provide you with the services and products we have agreed.
• To comply with other laws, including for the period demanded by HMRC.
• To support a claim or defence in court.
Our Company would like to send you information about other related products and services of ours.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date. You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are your data protection rights?
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: email@example.com
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
• Keeping you signed in
• Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Our Company has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.